Discord Music command list
Using the bot
This is a list of the commands that can be used to control the MusicBot. You cannot use commands in private messages. They must be used in the server channel #music-lounge-control. You can also find a easy to use user guide in pinned massages in #music-lounge-control:
Every command starts with the prefix that you configured. This page assumes your prefix is !, the default. Required parameters are indicated with < and >, while optional parameters are indicated with [ and ].
- ##help [command] – Prints a list of commands, or info on a command if one is specified.
- ##play <URL/query> – Plays audio from a specific URL or searches for a query on YouTube and queues the first result.
- ##queue – Displays all of the media that is queued.
- ##np – Displays the media that is currently being played.
- ##skip – Vote to skip the current media. Required skips/skip ratio is set in the config file. The bot’s owner will instantly skip when using !skip f.
- ##search [service] [#] <query> – Searches a specific service (default: YT) for a query and returns the first few results (default: 3, limit: 10). The user can then select from the results if they want to add any to the queue. Example: ##search soundcloud 20 linkin park. you can search on youtube, soundcloud, vimeo, heck even Google
- ##shuffle – Shuffles the queue.
- ##clear – Clears the queue.
- ##pause – Pauses the current media.
- ##resume – Resumes the current media
- ##volume [number] – Sets the volume of the bot for everyone. Should be a number between 1 and 100. Can be relative (e.g +10 to add 10 to current volume). If no parameter is given, it will display the current volume.
- ##summon – Connects the bot to your current voice channel, if it has permission.
- ##clean <number> – Searches through the number of messages given and deletes those that were sent by the bot, effectively cleaning the channel. If the bot has Manage Messages on the server, it will delete user command messages too, like !play.
- ##perms – Sends a message to the user with their bot permissions.
- ##stream <url> – Streams a URL. This can be a Twitch, YouTube, etc livestream, or a radio stream. This feature of the bot is experimental and may have some issues.
- ##save – Saves the current song to the autoplaylist.
- ##karaoke – Enables karaoke mode in a server. During karaoke mode, only users with the BypassKaraokeMode permission can queue music.